IT Support Nightmares
Most owners of small and medium businesses in Toronto have experienced IT support issues that stopped them from sleeping at night. Using managed IT services and managed IT solutions can provide a much better remedy than sleeping tablets!
This blog will look at traditional ways of getting IT support in Toronto, examples of issues with them, and explore how your business could use managed IT services to avoid issues like this hitting your bottom line.
Traditional IT Support
Before the invention of managed IT solutions, businesses purchased IT equipment and installed it on their own premises. When there were issues with the hardware or software (and this regularly happened), IT support was provided in one of three ways:
- By the businesses own on-site staff
- By the retailer
- By a third-party IT support company
Let’s now look at the issues with these three support methods.
Issues With IT Support That Managed IT Services Can Fix
All three of these traditional methods for fixing IT problems have two common issues that severely harm business productivity and frustrate customers and staff:
- If the problem happens outside ‘normal’ business hours – evenings, late at night, and weekends – you’ll be lucky if you could get any help. In contrast, managed IT services provide support 24 x 7 x 365
- Getting the problem fixed can take a long time, sometimes days or even weeks. Especially if you’re relying on warranty support from the retailer or you’ve been the target of a cyber attack.
On top of these, there are some issues specific to the type of support:
- Some businesses have their own IT specialists, but many can’t justify the overhead of dedicated IT people, so they rely on inexperienced and unqualified staff to fix IT issues
- IT support in Toronto and everywhere else requires specialist IT skills that need to be updated regularly. This can be a challenge if you’re relying on in-house IT staff or have purchased support from a small third-party provider.
- Experienced IT staff are in short supply, and so are expensive to hire and difficult to recruit and retain.
- Providing cover for holidays and sickness is costly and difficult to arrange
- Retailers and third-party support can be experts at passing the buck – claiming that the problem isn’t caused by the part of IT that they support, leaving you with nowhere to go.
- ‘Pay as you go’ models for third-party support can seem attractive but make it difficult to predict the cost and can deter staff from calling support
and many more!
Managed IT Services
Managed IT services are a type of IT outsourcing where you partner with a specialist provider to look after your IT systems. You can also use the provider’s own IT systems, meaning you no longer have to worry about regular upgrades and replacements.
The best managed IT services companies provide many different managed IT solutions, offering a wide range of services that can be tailored to meet your specific needs.
Here are just a few of the most commonly used managed IT solutions in Toronto based businesses:
- Helpdesk services, 24 x 7 x 365 or tailored to suit your needs and budget
- Hardware & software support services for all types of IT and applications
- Solution hosting, in the Cloud or in secure specialist data centres, with guaranteed 24 x 7 x 365 availability
- Software license management, saving you money and eliminating the risk of prosecution for copyright infringements
- Cyber security consulting and management, keeping your business data safe and secure
- Business email management, with access from anywhere with an internet connection
Managed IT services can provide benefits to businesses wanting IT support in Toronto, including:
- Improved staff and customer satisfaction
- Greater return on IT investments
- Predictable IT costs with a fixed monthly managed IT services cost
- An end to IT support nightmares
Who are CG Technologies?
CG Technologies have been in business since 1996, servicing clients with big and small IT support needs primarily in Toronto and across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Their support team is 100% Canada based and has a track record of excellence for their clients in Toronto and the GTA, who rely on them for all their technology needs as their business grows. Just check out their testimonials to see how many clients rely on and recommend CG Technologies for their services!CG Technologies have designed their managed IT services and managed IT solutions to provide trusted IT support in Toronto at a price that businesses can afford. With 100s of satisfied customers, CG Technologies will partner with you from the initial design phase to launch and rollout and long afterwards as your business grows.