Cloud business transformation is the process of migrating your IT Infrastructure from local servers to the cloud and leveraging new cloud-based technology to improve the service you provide to your client and employees.
Hosting your business in the cloud isn’t integral to business success, but more and more are moving some or all of their IT infrastructure to the cloud. According to a report by Gartner, more than 85% of organizations are expected to embrace a cloud-first approach to business by 2025 and would not be able to execute their digital strategies without it. To facilitate this, many Managed Service Providers (MSPs) now offer cloud transformation services, which help companies with cloud migration strategies.
The terms cloud transformation and cloud migration are frequently used interchangeably, blurring their definitions.
Cloud migration is an important phase in the cloud transformation process. It is the process of moving data and applications from local servers to the cloud. However, the migration process is only one aspect of cloud transformation. The modernization and optimization of data management, analytics, and security, are necessary to support the business objective of a complete digital transformation.
Migrating their infrastructure to the cloud enables them to take advantage of the new capabilities, providing customers and employees with a new and improved modern experience, which is what cloud transformation is all about—leveraging cloud-based technologies to improve business operations.
Cloud transformation aims to improve the business’s operations and provide stakeholders with a more modern experience. As a result, there are several benefits:
Scalability: One of the most significant benefits is the ability to scale up and down seamlessly in response to user demand. Cloud transformation allows companies to achieve this without spending time and money upgrading their IT infrastructure.
Cost Savings: achieved due to more efficient IT resources, fewer staffing requirements and maintenance costs. Industry experts estimate that a business can save 15% on IT costs by migrating to the cloud.
Improved Efficiency: Companies that use cloud-based infrastructure are shown to launch new capabilities 20-40% faster than companies that utilize the on-premise infrastructure.
Better Performance: Cloud computing allows users to log in from all over the world and connect to servers close to their geographic location lowering network latency and providing better performance.
Cloud business transformation will continue to be an essential part of business evolution. It provides several benefits that allow companies to provide more personalized services and improve efficiency and security.
Secure cloud transformation enables companies to be built on resilient networks that can withstand cyberattacks, natural disasters, power outages and many other emergencies that could cause a company to fail if its local IT infrastructure is impacted. Failing to leverage cloud transformation puts your business at a distinct disadvantage. Cloud transformation services help companies improve their business with cloud migration and cloud transformation strategies to take advantage of new capabilities and technologies.
A cloud transformation strategy is a framework for completing the process of moving your IT infrastructure to the cloud. There are many different ways to go about a cloud-first digital transformation. Here are six steps to consider when thinking about embarking on a cloud transformation project:
1) Benchmarking exercise: The first step in your cloud operations strategy is creating a benchmark that will help you understand your organization’s current capabilities and gaps. This will help you identify where to invest your time, effort and resources.
2) Align your business and IT goals: To understand the assets and their dependencies, you need to assess your current IT environment. Once you do that, you need to know the business goals for the new environment and what assets need to be migrated, modified or created from scratch to support the business objectives of the transformation.
3) Select a hosting environment: Identify potential cloud providers based on budget, features, support, capabilities, ease of deployment, security requirements, SLAs etc.
4) Perform the migration: Now that you understand what needs to be migrated and where it will be hosted, it’s time to do the migration. Migrations are complex. If you don’t have internal expertise, working with a managed service provider experienced in cloud migration is advisable to ensure the migration goes smoothly.
5) Establish KPIs and monitoring: Develop KPIs to determine what is success for the project before starting your migration. Then, after the migration, monitor your cloud environment’s performance and optimize your cloud usage to ensure the most efficient outcome possible.
6) Cloud Security and Compliance: Regularly evaluate your cloud environment’s security and compliance.
How can CG Technologies help with your cloud needs?
Maintaining your legacy IT infrastructure can hold back your business in this cloud-centric, data-driven era. Without the added advantages of cloud scalability and agility, planning for growth for your organization might seem a challenge.
But with the proper guidance, tactics, and strategies, a seamless transition of your current applications and workloads to the cloud is merely a click away. Working with an experienced cloud migration consulting service provider like CG Technologies can help to identify potential risks and offer solutions before you embark on your cloud transformation journey and ensure a successful migration of your infrastructure to the cloud. Contact us to learn more.